Dns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dns

I have two servers. A primary and a secondary all on the same network. I need some help with DNS On the primary server I have DNS installed and for backup I installed DNS on the secondary domarin controller. The primary server is xxx.xxx.xxx.232 and the secondary is xxx.xx.xxx.235. On the workstation I configure tcp "using the followng DNS server address xxx.xx.xxx.232 and I can browser the internet;howerver, if I change it to xxx.xx.xxx.235 I cannot connect to the internet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate. Also, I can take down the primary DNS server and connect to the internet with same workstation using the xxx.xx.xxx.232 DNS address.
    Last edited by superhl; 3rd February 2009, 18:58.

Re: Dns

I'm getting a little confused:
    DNS servers .232 and .235?
    Where does .252 come into it?

On .235, check you have either forwarders or root hints enabled (or both), also that the server can connect to the internet itself
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

.252 should read 232. I will complete what you recommended. I can connect to the internet on both the .232 and .235. thanks

Comment

Roots appear to be working and I resolved the ensd.net (xxx.xx.xxx.232). I checked forwards and added the ISP DNS server. Configuring workstation DNS to .235 continues not connecting to the internet.
        Last edited by superhl; 3rd February 2009, 22:17.

Comment

Resolved. Under DNS server name I removed forwarders and right click DNS name/configured DNS/ and reconfigured forwards and all is welll. thanks

Comment

Working...
          X