same ADS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same ADS?

i have two windows 2003 servers on two machine, i want to transfer all ADS (users) setup of one server to other, so in case of disater of one machine , i can shift my clients to other one quickly, in other words, i want to have two servers with same configuration (ADS users),may one active at one time.OR Can i backup of ADS of one server, and can deploy it at other one?

I might have read this worng but you want an one server to be a complete replicate of the other??

If both servers are DC's then the y replicate their data to each other so if one goes down the other will authomatically pick up the authentication

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You might want to make both servers dns servers. Cause if your internal DNS then it doesn't matter how many DC's you got, it will all go wrong! Plus if you are running exchange maybe make the other server a GC. But too sure about that one.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

simply?

simply i want to shift my clients to alternative server on which clean installation is performed) so that my cleints can logon without any distrubration?
        Is it possible with additional DC?

Comment

Yes it is but there are things to consider (nothing major). Have a look on MS website about multiple DC's. Worth reading before you attempt.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X