Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving users profile: help please!

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to move users profile from one server(w2k3) to another (w2k3)? The servers are Terminal Servers. If it is possible could you explain how to do it?? Roaming profile could be a way but it is not an easy way. I am trying to find out a way to make a sort of copy/paste like the way to move a profile in local.

Thank you

Does Fastwiz work on 2003 or just XP?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

apparently Fastwiz works only on workstations. I had a look on Hyena and Dameware but apprently they can only export information and not import it. If someone has already used ont of these soft and know how to do it I ll be happy to get the information.

Comment

Originally posted by cdechamps
        apparently Fastwiz works only on workstations. I had a look on Hyena and Dameware but apprently they can only export information and not import it. If someone has already used ont of these soft and know how to do it I ll be happy to get the information.
        the easiest way to transfer the profiles is to set roaming profiles in the user properties in the active directory. add the new server and then change the roaming path in active directory in bulk \\servername\sharename\%username% ( you can use admodify). the profiles should now transfer automatically in the time the users logs on to the server

good luck

shai
        Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
        HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
        the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

So you are using local profiles, right? A simple backup and restore should do it. Roaming profiles seem a better way, though.

I'm not sure I agree with Shai. Waiting for users to do the migration for you is probably not the best way to do it. I would never rely on that. YMMV.

Comment

Working...
          X