Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to secure my 2 AD/FILE Server for fault tolerant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to secure my 2 AD/FILE Server for fault tolerant?

I have 2 2003 AD Domain Controller and one of them i use for profile/homedirectory and file server storage. But in case that this server brakes down i what that the network runs without problem further. Knowone should get error messageges that a profile could not be loaded or that the file server is not available.

Its maybee like a cluster?

Do i have to settup DFS?

I just dont whant that when one server is broken the whole LAN is down.
    How can i do it? And where can i find information ?

thanks.

daniel

I was told not to use DFS as it isn't designed to handle lots of data, maybe 2003 is better than 2000. You need some sort of NAS or SAN for file storage to be more reliable or look at clustering your servers... as for on the cheap... i'm waiting like you!
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb
      I was told not to use DFS as it isn't designed to handle lots of data, maybe 2003 is better than 2000. You need some sort of NAS or SAN for file storage to be more reliable or look at clustering your servers... as for on the cheap... i'm waiting like you!

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb
        in order to implement microsoft cluster service you need two identical servers and an operating system of 2k advanced,2k datacenter,2k3 enterprise, 2k3 datacenter.
        the servers should have a shared quorum.
        they should act as fail over. in case of a failover there will be a minimum downtime for the server to take control of the qourum and serv the users

good luck

shai
        Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
        HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
        the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Working...
        X