Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - LOCKED OUT OF USB's

Hi,

I have done a very silly thing in that i was locking down some machines in our network (USB Ports, Com Ports, CD ROM) then i did the same on the DC (DELL PE1950 III) not reaslising that the DC actually uses the USB Ports via a Poweredge KVM 180AS for the keyboard and mouse.

I am now in the brown smelly stuff as i cannot get mouse and keyboard on the DC system working... i have looked through some hint and tips on how to restore USB but they seem to be only for USB Storage devices.

I can however connect to this system via the registry so i can make changes there... but i dont know how to get the USB's working again...

I tried using Device manager running from another machine just says that it is read only and tells me i need to be on the machine to change it.

Any help would be appreciated

Re: HELP - LOCKED OUT OF USB's

RDP?

Remote GPME?

PS/2?

Comment

Thanks for the quick response

RDP? GPME? --- Never used these... but willing to try ! any advice

What are they... remote desktop P______

Group policy M___________ E_________

forgot to mention this is windows 2000 server.

TIA

Mark

Comment

RDP = Remote Desktop Protocol

I believe GPME was supposed to be GPMC.

Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
        X