I need a tool to monitor my server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a tool to monitor my server

Hi, i am a new friend in this site.I hope to share our knowledge.
    I need a software from Microsoft to monitor servers hardware/software because i have problems with my servers and i am not sure if its hard or soft.
    Thanks

Re: I need a tool to monitor my server

Have you tried perfmon, network monitor 3.1 and so on? What is it that's wrong and what do you want to monitor? A full-sized monitoring solution would be MOM or SCOM - but that's a bit large just to watch resource usage and so on.

You can also use the DebugDiag tool from Microsoft to monitor a system which is crashing after certain events and force a crash and crashdump when that event occurs.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: I need a tool to monitor my server

Originally posted by momen_110 View Post
      Hi, i am a new friend in this site.I hope to share our knowledge.
      I need a software from Microsoft to monitor servers hardware/software because i have problems with my servers and i am not sure if its hard or soft.
      Thanks
      1. Welcome to the site!
      2. Why does it have to be from Microsoft only?
      3. What are the problems with your servers that you are experiencing? Different problems will need different monitoring solutions.
      4. How many servers are you interesting in monitoring?
      5. What operating system(s) are on the servers that you need to deal with?
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
      X