Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO not apply to client machine.

Hi all,

My environment is Single Forest Single Domain.
    Recently I have change the GPO setting - (Windows Update) on one of the domain controller.

After done all the setting, I try to use "gpupdate /force" on client machine.

However when I try to use "gpedit.msc" to view the configuration, those setting shown does change at all.

When I try use "gpresult", I can see the GPO had apply to the client machine.

1. Why the "gpresult" shown GPO success apply to client machine but I cannot see those setting during "gpedit.msc"?

2. If I change a setting on my DC, am I need to do replication between root dc and my dc? (Currently I unable to do replication due to my site had block to transfer packet on the router.)

Re: GPO not apply to client machine.

If you can't replicate between DCs you have bigger problems that just group policy!

Can you confirm:
    Which DC did you change the GPO on? (root or yours)
    Which site is the client in (root or yours)?
    Do you have sites properly set up in ADSS?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: GPO not apply to client machine.

There is a difference between Local Group Policy (LGP managed via GPedit.msc)and Domain Group policy (Usually managed with GPMC).
      When you do a Gpresult you'll see all the policies applied on that client beit local policies or domain ones but changes in one type won't replicate to the other as they are two seperate entities.

Ta
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X