Network Connection Disappeared

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Connection Disappeared

I have been trying to view my network connections(Win 2k3 Standard) to be able to edit a setting for my LAN card. When I go to network connections, there is nothing there. When I click View-Refresh, I get the message "The network connections folder was unable to retrieve the list of Network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the Network Connections service is enabled and running.", but it is running. I've disable and enabled again, rebooted, etc. but nothing.

Re: Network Connection Disappeared

And what do you make you think to post in the Wall of Fame?
    Moved.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

What Network Adapters are listed in Device Manager and are they Enabled?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Did you check any of the Google returns for that specific error message? Here's a thread from a guy who encountered the same error message while running Windows XP. Make note of the links in the second post and try all of the possible remedies (making sure to calculate if there would be any side effects to your server). In the end, however, the fellow just ended up reinstalling XP. Of course, maybe your situation will be fixed by some of the suggestions in the linked possibilities in the second post. However, are you prepared to do a Server 2003 repair installation?
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
        X