Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to hide start menu options

hi all,
    i am new to windows 2003 domain environment. Actually i want to restrict start menu options by using group policies according to the users logged into the system. we have departments like developers , management and administrators. I want to restrict the users like, If a developer login to the system he should able to see only some applications in the start menu which he have the access to use, the remaining options should not be displayed in the start menu's programs menu. I installed ms-office, adobe, yahoo messenger,winrar firefox and vlc media player. In this the developer should access only ms-office and adobe, the remaining option should be hided from programs list. if a management person logs into that system he should able to access all the applications. In group policies we have an option to remove all the programs list from start menu but i need to hide the programs menu list according to the user logged into that system.
    Please help me on this.

Thanku.

Re: how to hide start menu options

Hi,
    The start menu is another folder that can be redirected.
    you can redirect it to a custom folder on the server and configure the policy according to your needs.

Here is a start: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc785925.aspx

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
    X