No announcement yet.

redirect My Documents

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirect My Documents

is there a way i can redirect automatically My Documents to a home folder located in my windows 2003 server

my problem is the inefficiency of users who uses computers in diff stations but they are saving on the local drive, my documents. so everytime they move to another pc they have to copy it a flash drive than save it again on that local drive.

is there a way i can automate this in using group policy?

Re: redirect My Documents

Yes you can, but it sounds like you're not using roaming profiles - you should consider setting that up.

If you do set that up too, don't use folder redirection to redirect to the same place as the roaming profiles are saved.

As for folder redirection... not Googled it?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: redirect My Documents

Hi all,
      I have prepared a document with screenshots for folder redirection. I have also enabled the documents to be available offline. This helps in case there is a network problem and users require to access their files. It is working perfectly.

The Servername and foldername are our company specific and thus you would have to change it to suit your environment.

Let me know if this is useful.

Attached Files