Evaluation copy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluation copy

I cant find any document with Upgrade Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition Evaluation copy to the retail product.
    I was ask Microsoft-help but they send me some links like this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/default.mspx
    where I can not find anything!
    If someone knows something, please send me link or help me with some advice!

Re: Evaluation copy

I used a 180 day eval copy that came with an MOC book for a while and was able to directly upgrade to a full version that I downloaded from MSDN. As I recall it was a case of putting the CD in and running an upgrade install. I don't think you can just put a new product key in.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Are you reboot your server with full installation disk or only start that disk in evaluation server?
      Did you save all install programs on your evaluation server?
      Can you remember any problems during the upgrade?

Comment

As I recall I booted to Windows and stuck the disk in and then ran the install wizard to kick off the upgrade. Server then rebooted. Didn't have any issues, I had no apps installed as I was using the server for learning purposes prior to sitting an MS exam.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

thank you very match,
          I will tray after 17h, and I will let you know what’s happened with my upgrade!

Comment

This is the upgrade path and if you have the MSDN 160 day Eval version, it says it is supported.
            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810613/
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
            X