Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cert Services Website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cert Services Website

    I was attempting to fix my certificates to allow Outlook access over RPC. I went into IIS/Exchange website and removed the exisitng certificate in the preparation of installing a new cert.

    Once I removed the cert I went back to the certsrv site but could not get back in. I then unistalled certsrv & reinstalled but still cannot get in. I am assuming that the site is looking for the old cert but can't find them.

    Any suggestions?

  • #2
    Ring ring?

    Uhmmm... The basics?

    What error are you getting?
    Cheers,

    Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

    Comment


    • #3
      When I open a browser and go to: https://servername/exchange I get the standard 'the page cannot be displayed.' Possibly the site needs 128bit encryption. Contact the system admin.

      Basiclly the standard error when no contact with the webserver

      Comment


      • #4
        Well then, after disabling the certificate, did you remove the checkbox that requires SSL on the Default Website? Check the absence of such a setting on all the website, and on each virtual directory (you might have selected not to apply settings on child objects when you were prompted).
        Cheers,

        Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

        Comment


        • #5
          I went through all of the certificates in the Explorer broswer cache and deleted the ones I knew were out of date, that left about 3. I then went into the default website properties and directory security/Certificates. I kept changing the remaining certificates until one of them worked.

          What happened was that somewhere in this mess I defaulted the main certificate for the default website to a cert which was not valid. The hints were that the underlying websites (Exchange/Certsrv/OMA) could not be accessed or work but another site not under the default folder could. That pointed to the default folder configuration- and the final solution.

          Thanks for the help and I would like to apologise for double posting- searching too many newsgroups!

          Comment

          Working...
          X