X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 SERVER

Hi All I am a newbie,
    Here is my question..
    I have windows 2000 server running an asp web application (for ex:www.abc.def.com) on port 80 Now I want to create a new web application by using asp.net such as like www.xyz.def.com. How can I create a new webiste on windows 2000 server? I guess I can give different IP than the one it is running. Could you pls sugest any tutorial or article to make a new website/application on widnwos server 2000.
    Thanks in adv

Re: Windows 2000 SERVER

A different IP, a different port, or name based virtual hosting (or whatever it's called in IIS). Maybe give us more details?

Is this web app (and the new one) served on the internet, or only locally? If it's public, then unless your ISP will assign you a second IP, then that option is out. That'll leave you with either running the new app on a different port, which means you'll have to tack the port number onto the end of the URL, or virtual hosting. A quick Google reveals: http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/vir...vices_iis.html
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Since you are using win 2000 I'd presume your are using IIS 5 or earlier.

If you are using IIS5 have a look at this for configuring Host headers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308163

Ta
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

It can be public if possible, if not possible local is OK. My Concern is not messing up the application which is already been running I want to run both the old and new applications run smoothly.

Comment

You can also simply copy the folder of the application, give it a different name and run it under a different application pool. This way you won't have to change the IP or add an additional web site.

Comment

Working...
          X