Installing Windows XP SP2 for the Home edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Windows XP SP2 for the Home edition

I have attempted to install this upgrade about 20 times over the last 6 months or so. Everytime I have the same problem. It takes about 30 minutes for the install, then when I restart the computer to complete the installation I get a continuous reboot situation. The Microsoft site discusses a UMAX scanner driver which causes this problem. I do not believe I have this driver as I have a HP psc 2510 all-in-one and I cannot determine that it uses the UMAX driver.
    I contacted the manufacturer of the computer and they gave me no help. All they said was SP2 was too buggy and they recommended agaist the installation. I am afraid I will miss some critical upgrades if I do not install this.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

SP2

Try unistalling SP and the scanner. Install SP2 and see if you have the same problem. WindowsUpdate should allow you update each patch individually without installing the whole SP.

Comment

I don't have the UMAX driver but will uninstall my HP multifinction and see if that helps.

I apologize for posting on this forum. I think it may be really for MCSE professionals and I just stumbled upon it.

Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X