Sharing files from Domain A to Domain B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing files from Domain A to Domain B

I have two Win2K3 domains, A & B which are seperated by a firewall. I need to share files on domain B from one particular folder share to Domain A. Domain A needs to have READ ONLY access to the share- this I can do using filesystem rights incorporated with AD membership.

Which port(s) do I need to open on the firewall to do this? I assume I need to open just one port- TCP Port 445?

BTW, the domains are on the LAN and not connected to the internet. Thanks.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Sharing files from Domain A to Domain B

Doesn't anyone know what ports are used when sharing files from a Win2K3 server?
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    |

Comment

Clicky clicky...

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        Clicky clicky...
        (Think you need a new mouse Tom. Mine just goes 'click')
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Do you have a VPN tunnel setup between the 2 sites???

Do the sites trust each other???

Comment

Thanks WullieB1, the two sites are on a WAN link. Domain B is a manufacturing domain and is totally secured from Domain A. There are routers/firewalls connecting the two but only allowing basic data to traverse the link, like Terminal Services, AD replication, etc.

I just need to know which ports are used by Windows Server filesharing so that I can have these ports opened on the firewalls. Thanks for responding positively
            |
            +-- JDMils
            |
            |

Comment

Originally posted by JDMils View Post
              Thanks WullieB1, the two sites are on a WAN link. Domain B is a manufacturing domain and is totally secured from Domain A. There are routers/firewalls connecting the two but only allowing basic data to traverse the link, like Terminal Services, AD replication, etc.

I just need to know which ports are used by Windows Server filesharing so that I can have these ports opened on the firewalls. Thanks for responding positively
              Why are you locking down ports in your VPN??? We have over 15 VPN tunnels connected to our Firewalls here and allow all traffic to traverse them We do however have Gateway AV and other bits and pieces enabeld to stop any crap getting across.

Anyway to answer your original question you would need to open these ports

135 to 139 TCP and UDP
              445 TCP and UDP

Please ensure that these ports are NOT exposed to the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMils View Post
                Cheeky get!!

Click my "Google" flag like I told you - I think you'll find that the first 4 million links google returns tell you the ports....

Tom
                For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
                  Cheeky get!!

Click my "Google" flag like I told you - I think you'll find that the first 4 million links google returns tell you the ports....

My apologies bud i never clicked on it either

Remiond to ones self, check all links prior to answering.

Comment

Working...
                  X