Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Browsing problem through Routing and Remote Server

Hi All,
    I confogirued windows server 2003 As a NAT server( Routing and Remote Service configured) for the accessing internet from client PC. The Client PC used the NAT Server Local IP as a default Gateway for internet access. There is no problem for internet browsing from client PC with IE. But when they try to access any ftp site, they cannot login and the error message shown below:

FTP Folder Error
    Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and you have permission to access the folder.
    Details:
    The connection with the server was reset
    OK
    Please help me any idea.
    Thanks
    karzon

Re: FTP Browsing problem through Routing and Remote Server

What client OS? What client app? Lots more detail required.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

All Client OS is XP+SP2

Comment

And the client app? And any more detail that might be relevant? Still not enough detail to help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555375
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Make sure passive FTP is enabled at the client side.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Hi,

the client app in internet browser. be informed that we can browse to FTP site from the RRAS/NAT server but can not browse from any client PC with internet browser.
            is there any configuration needed in RRAS/NAT server to allow the FTP site access from the client PC?

thanks
            karzon

Comment

What browser - there are so many different ones out there that we can't possibly guess which one you use.
              Gareth Howells

Comment

the browser is Internet Explorer

Comment

What version?

As requested before, please give full details to allow people to be able to help you. Review forum rule 4 if this is not clear.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555375
                  Gareth Howells

Comment

The scenario below:
                    1. configured windows server 2003+sp2 ent as NAT/RRAS server as default
                    2. Configured the client PC(win XP+sp2) with NAT/RRAS server as a default Gateway for internet service/connectivity availability.
                    3. all client PC able to browse internet with IE 6 or IE7 and there is no problem for browsing internet any web site.
                    4. Here is The Problem of only any FTP site browsing.
                    5. The Client PC can not only Browse any FTP Site with IE6 or IE7 and show error which i mentioned in my previous post

Please help me any idea how to configure NAT/RRAS server properly for FTP site browsing allow

Thanks
                    Karzon

Comment

Have you tried Dumber's suggestion?

Have you tried a 'proper' FTP client?
                      Gareth Howells

Comment

May be I could not understand to you.

If I connect any Client PC to internet directly with the real IP (which provided ISP for RRAS/NAT server) for testing there is no problem to browse FTP site.

Please give me info for Configurring RRAS/NAT server for FTP site allow issue.

Thanks
                        karzon

Comment

Still don't know if you've tried Dumber's suggestion...

I'm also wondering if you've searched Google for your problem, as there seems to be a lot of material out there, such as this thread on a different forum http://www.mombu.com/microsoft/windo...k3-618643.html
                          Gareth Howells

Comment

Thanks a Lot,

from you posted link I Found it.

The proposed solutionis :
                            "Stop the Application Layer Gateway service on the server."

After Applying this I will let you know.

Thanks
                            Karzon

Comment

Working...
                            X