No announcement yet.

Terminal services

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal services

hi all,

i have installed Win 2K3 Enterprise edition on my PC but not made it DC, i have connected it to my office workgroup.

I wanted more than one user to access it through "Remote Desktop" so first I have made it a Terminal Server. As per a friend's suggestion i went to Computer Management-->Groups-->Remote Desktop Users-->Add group. The problem is..... all computer names in my workgroup are not being shown in the list to add. Why is this ?

also i added "Everyone" but still more than one person cannot access my PC.

Please help !! thanks

Re: Terminal services

In a workgroup setting, everyone needs to have a user account on that machine to be able to logon to it. Any reason why you don't want to join it to the domain? It makes life so much easier - and if you can afford Enterprise edition then you should be able to afford a DC...
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

allow your permissions on those systems

Sounds to me you are running T/S in admin mode.
        Check in Control Panel / Add Remove programs / Add Remove Windows Components.
        Once activated you have 90 or 120 days befor you have to purchase Cals.

Tom Cross
        Sydney Australia