Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Temporary file not auto-deleted on share file

Hi all,

Currently I'm using Windows Server 2003.

I had create a local group account "Group 1" to contain AD user object and a share folder call "AAA" with grant permission Full Control for "Group 1". On the NTFS permission I did not set any permission.

The problem I face was "user 1" able to access the excel file on share folder, the temp file was auto generate. Once "User 1" close and save the excel file, the temp file was not deleted. "User 2" also able to access the share file however unable to save it.

I had check on the session and there have no any user access to the share file.

Currently my share folder consist many temp file and I unable delete using my administrator account.

Can anyone help me???

Re: Excel Temporary file not auto-deleted on share file

Have you checked the effective permissions?

Comment

Originally posted by kynixtanls View Post
      Hi all,

Currently I'm using Windows Server 2003.

I had create a local group account "Group 1" to contain AD user object and a share folder call "AAA" with grant permission Full Control for "Group 1". On the NTFS permission I did not set any permission.

The problem I face was "user 1" able to access the excel file on share folder, the temp file was auto generate. Once "User 1" close and save the excel file, the temp file was not deleted. "User 2" also able to access the share file however unable to save it.

I had check on the session and there have no any user access to the share file.

Currently my share folder consist many temp file and I unable delete using my administrator account.

Can anyone help me???
      You should set the NTFS Permissions.

First of all have you tried taking ownership of the folder with your administrative account? After doing that, open the Security properties for the share, ensure the group permissions are set as you would like them to be set, then click the advanced button and tick the box to reset the permissions with those shown. This will re-apply the NTFS Permissions you just set, and so long as you set them correctly, all members of the group should be able to manipulate the files as you want them to.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
        You should set the NTFS Permissions.

First of all have you tried taking ownership of the folder with your administrative account? After doing that, open the Security properties for the share, ensure the group permissions are set as you would like them to be set, then click the advanced button and tick the box to reset the permissions with those shown. This will re-apply the NTFS Permissions you just set, and so long as you set them correctly, all members of the group should be able to manipulate the files as you want them to.
        I tried already, it not solve my problem.
        Those temp file was still occur.
        I already add the local Group (Contain Domain users) on the share file and grant full control on both share permission and NTFS permission.

Comment

Working...
        X