Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with NTBACKUP

Hi All,

I am working as a Junior system administrator in a gaming company with around 90 systems.

I am preparing for MCSE certification.For that i prepare one windows server 2003 system and two clients.

For testing purpose, In server system i took the backup of system state with the help of ntbackup.In the backuplog it showing

Total directories:256
    Total Files:2567
    Size of the files:403,144,344

Then i delete the system files ntldr and boot.ini files from c:\...Then restart the computer.It showing ntldr is missing...So,I kept the ntldr file by pressing F8 button on bootup and restore it using repair option.

Then restart the computer..on boot up it showing Invalid Boot.ini

Then normally start the system..then i try to restore boot.ini file using backup of system state which i took previously..

I restore the system state using ntbackup.In the backup log ip showing

Total directories:256
    Total Files:2567
    Size of the files:403,144,344

Then i restart the computer..But same error it showing Invalid Boot.ini file...Then i navigate to C:\ and search for boot.ini
    ..it is not there..

But the backup log showing successful restore the backup...

Where the problem is happen

please any body help me..and another question I want to delete the entry from Add or remove programs wizard..but i want to use that particular program..i want delete only entry of that particular program..how is it...

Thanks in Advance..

Happy Christmas...

Yours Bunny

Re: Problem with NTBACKUP

If your bootloader goes wrong, you'd be much better off fixing it with the recovery console. The System State backup is really more suited to recovering registry settings, and to a lesser extent non-core files.

Originally posted by bhanuk View Post
    and another question I want to delete the entry from Add or remove programs wizard..but i want to use that particular program..i want delete only entry of that particular program..how is it...
    Why would you want to do that? What possible benefit would you gain by partially hiding the presence of some software?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
    X