No announcement yet.

Replace the 2000 server PDC!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace the 2000 server PDC!

my PDC 2000server is down, the other 2000 server domain controller is still reponse for login and create new user account, trust ..., but I find the ""and "domain security policy" is not working, how can I make this domain controller totally replace the PDC?
    and also another small problem, the second domain controller alway keep login in ,will not show the password protectd login screen after certain Idle time, how can I make it ?
    thanks in advance!

The first problem:

- Reformat the PDC, so that it never comes back
    - seize all FSMO roles
    - make the 2nd DC a Global Catalog
    - make sure all clients in the domain point to the new DC for DNS
    - do the metadata cleanup to remove the old DC

Second: activate the screensaver?

I fixed the PDC,and I tried to transfered 5 FSMO to the other DC, but I get these kinds message in event viewer:
      The checkpoint with the PDC was unsuccessful. The checkpointing process will be retried again in four hours. A full synchronization of the security database to downlevel domain controllers may take place if this machine is promoted to be the PDC before the next successful checkpoint. The error returned was: The RPC server is unavailable.
      (I checked RPC & RPC locator ,they are all running,and even I restart them ,still same)

The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from QUEENS to QUEEN for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name FRS will keep retrying.
      Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name from this computer.
      [2] FRS is not running on
      [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain RCD. The following error occurred:
      There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
      (I restarted Netlogon service,it still same.)

Security policy in the Group policy objects are applied successfully.

Replication of license information failed because the License Logging Service on server could not be contacted.

any indea?
      thanks in advance!