Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences between installing a software in local environment and domain environment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between installing a software in local environment and domain environment

Could anybody explain the difference between install a software ( such as ISA Server 2006 or any other software) in local environment (when we login with local account ) and Domain environment (when we login with domain environment) ???

Thanks in advance .

Re: Differences between installing a software in local environment and domain environ

huh???
    Can you explain a bit more for what you want to know?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: Differences between installing a software in local environment and domain environ

The difference is the user account you install it as? Which could potentially affect the location of some files... not too sure how this is related to Windows Server though?

Are you thinking of an AD aware application? Little bit more info might help...
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

a reply from a friend of mine :

""If software runs under a local account, that software will not have access to the network.
        This is generally a more secure solution, but in the case of a product such as Exchange, that network access is required to function.

I'm assuming that's what you refer to. If software doesn't feature a service account, such as Microsoft Office, it's really not going to make a difference what you're logged on as at the time you install it.""

but i need some official documentation about that.

plz help

Comment

From what I can gather, your friends reply looks ok in principle.

And also what he's trying to say is that the requirement are different for different pieces of software.
          It's worth looking into the Installation notes for each application ie (For ISA 2006)- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb794821.aspx

Ta
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

take a loook at this :

http://blogs.technet.com/steriley/ar...-11_2100_.aspx

Comment

...and your point is?!?

From what i understood in your Original post, you wanted to know the implications of installing a software with a local account or a domain account.
              your query seemed to be in general and not directly specific to any products (Although ISA 2006 was mentioned)

The link you provided now brings into scene a different argument in my opinion which is whether ISA servers should be in a domain or not (Quite interesting nonetheless).

So can you be a bit more clear about what you need to know (or put accross) as I am a bit confused.

Ta
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
              X