Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Server Express and FTP

Hi

Last week I installed Microsoft's Search Server Express on our DC. IIS on the DC was hosting an intranet website and an FTP site.

Today, I tried to access the FTP site and got a 404 error. When I logged onto the DC via the VPN, I discovered that all traces of the FTP site are gone. Checking in Add/Remove Windows Programs>Windows Components shows that the FTP service is no longer installed.

Anyone else experienced this?

I won't have tme to sort this out until Monday, so if anyone has any ideas - please post.

Thanks.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: Search Server Express and FTP

You may not be alone (similar here)
    https://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sh...96838&SiteID=1
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi AndyJG247

Many thanks for the information and apologies for the late reply (I've had flu).

I also posted on the MS SSE forum, but have not had a reply. That is a real shame as I have not been able to find another instance where installation has removed an FTP server.

I'm going to reinstall the service and set it up again and keep my fingers crossed. It took me a lot of work to get this up and running - I'm IIS illiterate so these type of problems are not welcome.

Cheers!

Comment

Let us know how the re-install goes, I suspect it will start from fresh but it may allow access to the old entries again, would be interesting to see.
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

Re-installed the service without a problem. But, the FTP node was empty.

Set up a new FTP site, gave it the same name and source as the previous one and the new site wizard said there was error because a site with that name already existed.

The node then refreshed and the FTP site appeared [HTL-FTP - Stopped]

Starting it brought the site back on-line which was a huge relief.

So, I guess that if I had restarted IIS or the server, the FTP site would have come back automatically.

Phew! A happy ending

Comment

Very similar to the link I posted as well.
            Many thanks for posting back that it worked, I'm sure this will help someone else too
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X