Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 Server Configuration

Hi ,

I installed Windows 2003 Enterprise server and configuring but i am getting some errors. The user is not administrators group.

1) after completing server installation -> If i right click on my computer click manage then i can see local users and groups

2) Then i opened Manage Your Server > add or remove a role then select DHCP configured
    3) Start > Run > DCPROMO then followed the steps to configre DNS

Now, If I go again my computer>manage then its not showing local users and groups.

If I go open Active directory and users > the administrators group is not in the list.

How do i add the user name to the local computer and add this group.

Note: I added the user before configuring the Domain but after completing the domain the user is not in the Administrators group.

any one can help on this...

Re: Windows 2003 Server Configuration

A DC don't have local admins (except W2k8 RODC) so you can add them do the domain admins group.
    However, I would be very carefully by adding a lot of users to this group.

What?
    No their shouldn't be any regular users in that group unless they are domain admins and even then...
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: Windows 2003 Server Configuration

To expand on Dumber's post...

A DC doesn't have local users. To a DC, "local" means the domain. Therefore any and all user accounts held on a DC are domain users.

If you have a user who needs to be an administrator to run some software, then I have two thoughts.

a) Tell the vendor to write their software properly

b) You can add users to the local Administrators group on domain member workstations. Do not make them domain administrators unless you specifically intend them to be domain admins, and trust them to behave responsibly with this power.

A local administrator can destroy a machine. A domain administrator can destroy your company.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X