Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Virus Or Some Kind Of Flaw In Windows? Or Internet

Hello Everyone,

I am from India and i am working as a network admin in a company and i am having some problem regarding Some Windows Services.From 25th Of Nov there is some problem in windows Sharing Service.

I mean the Pc's Having Printer Or File Sharing Enabled They are unable to Share that shared Resources.
    The Server , Workstation, Theme And Computer Browser Service Is Automatically Stops On those Pc's(Which Having Some Kind Of Data Sharing Is Enabled).

All My pc's are in Domain Environment And Some Having Windows Xp With SP3 And Some Having Sp2 Also.All Pc's Are Fully Patched And Having Anti virus.

When i Login Through Admin And Start These Service Manually.The Services Work For Some Minutes And Shuts Down.

At Starting I thought that Pc's Having Some Kind Of Virus But I checked Every thing It is ok..
    I formated one pc but not this not resolved my problem..Please Help Me To solve this problem.......

And Now My Server Is Also Getting This Problem..

Regards
    Shivesh Kumar

Re: Some Virus Or Some Kind Of Flaw In Windows? Or Internet

Event logs say anything?

Have you tried an online virus scanner?

What antivirus and anti-malware do you use?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

You forgot one Gareth. How are your backups? This doesn't look good.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

True... although if someone doesn't have backups, I'm quite happy to let them fall into their own grave. I'm too tired to push them in myself after the weekend I've had.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          True... although if someone doesn't have backups, I'm quite happy to let them fall into their own grave. I'm too tired to push them in myself after the weekend I've had.
          So definitely too tired to pull them out

Shivesh, had you installed any new patches when this problem appeared?
          What AV do you run? Is it fully up to date? Do scheduled scans report anything?
          Can you restart in safe mode and do a virus scan from there?

It could be that you have a virus that is re-infecting from the LAN. If so, you will need to shut everything down, clean computers separately (one by one) offline and then eventually bring everything up again.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

You can have a look at the Browstat.exe which you can find in the RK tools.
            Has anything changed on or before the 25th regarding the NetBIOS name resolution process nodes? ie WINS or client configuration?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188305

Ta
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Have you checked for viruses using a couple of scanners???

Do your clients automatically update for them??? Are they updating properly???

My first thought is that it is a virus of some sort. Have you done the manual check of looking for rogue services, checking the startup in both the registry and the startup folder???

You say you've checked but what on earth have you done?? Adding this information will help your cause here.

Comment

Working...
              X