Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printin the User name at each page?

Hello

I have been wondering if there is a way ,script or software , we can print the user name at each page.
    WE have a center with different printers and different users they spend lot of time searching for some page

any suggestio? or SOLUTION?

THANKS

Re: Printin the User name at each page?

You can easily create separator pages http://support.microsoft.com/kb/102712

Unless the print driver supports adding the username to each page, it is going to be very difficult to achieve this. You would need to directly modify the data in the print queue.

Edit: Tested a custom separator page, and it works fine.
    Last edited by gforceindustries; 4th December 2008, 14:33.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

One option would be to use separator pages.
      • Printer properties
      • Advanced
      • Separator Page
      • Browse to a .Sep file on the System 32 folder

That's it.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hello
        separator pages isn't a good solution for this center because the problem
        is simple pages sended by many users all time
        is a call center for services . and double pages wil be a mess

Comment

Is this a Microsoft product or something bespoke?

If it's MS based then you should be able to edit the report/document template to add a username to it. If it's bespoke you should talk to the vendor.
          If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

No Is'nt a Microsoft of course i can make footpage or so.

I was thinking maybe some software can do this

Comment

There may be, but it would probably be tied to a particular vendor's line of printers, maybe even to a specific model. Have you asked the printer manufacturer for their thoughts?
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
              X