Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c:\windows\system32\dsa.msc Access Denied

Hi All,

Having a strange problem on my Server 2003 machine.

When I double click on the AD msc I get the following error.

c:\windows\system32\dsa.msc Access Denied

Funny thing is if I right click and run as (same user) but untick "run this program with restricted access" it works.

Please note howerver the user is an Aministrator for the domain and we have deleted the default administrator for security reasons. And this is a new error as the server has been running with no errors for a few years now.

Thanks

Re: c:\windows\system32\dsa.msc Access Denied

I am presuming the adminpak was installed before the Administrator account was deleted. To save all the bother looking into installation directory and registry key permissions I think it'd be easier to reinstall Adminpak.

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Tried that now - but is says setup failed.

"Due to an error, Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack Setup Wizard was unable to Finish."

Comment

Can you make sure you unistall any previous versions beforehand and also make sure you are using the right package, ie sp1 for w2k3 sp1.

And also have a look in here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892409/
        Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I was intalling AdminPack from server CD.

I now downloaded and installed the Adminpack for SP2 and although it installed it did not fix the problem.

Comment

Can you access AD users and computers fine from the Administrative folder?
            Also can you navigate to the System32 folder and check if .msc file extention is associated with the MMC.exe by R-clicking on the file and on the General tab of the Properties make sure it Opens with Microsoft Management Console (MMC.exe) if note Change it by browsing to the System 32 folder where MMC.exe is.
            Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
              Can you access AD users and computers fine from the Administrative folder?
              Also can you navigate to the System32 folder and check if .msc file extention is associated with the MMC.exe by R-clicking on the file and on the General tab of the Properties make sure it Opens with Microsoft Management Console (MMC.exe) if note Change it by browsing to the System 32 folder where MMC.exe is.
              I did this and it fixed the dsa.msc error.

But i can not open "Domain Security Policy Editor" unless i right click and untick "run this program with restricted access".

it gives the error "Failed to open Group Policy Object. You may not have appropriate rights"

Comment

Is there any Group policies applied to the machine or the User account you are using?
                Do a RSOP and check especially settings in the following:

User configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components -MMC

Ta
                Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
                X