Two NICs....No Internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two NICs....No Internet

I've set up all my hardware right and I think my router config is correct yet, neither my server or other computers can access the Internet. Is there some particular config for your router? My NIC that's accessing the internet is setup right but, I think I might have missed something. Is there any certain way you're supposed to set up your NICs and router? Link to a guide would also be helpful.
    I was born naked in to this world. At my current age I now stand taller and have a passion for computers. I know too much for my own good but, I'm not complaining.

Hi,

Internal NIC should have an Internal IP, with Subnet Mask and no Default Gateway. If it's part of a domain\network then also enter DNS\WINS settings.

External NIC should

a) be at the top of the binding order
    b) Have an IP Address on the same subnet as the router's internal interface
    c) Default Gateway set to the routers internal IP
    d) DNS set to either the router or your ISP.

Get it working on the server first then worry about ICS and your clients.

Remember ICS needs 192.168.1.1 on your "servers" internal NIC so this subnet cannot be the range you are using for your external\router config.

Hope this helps
    Topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

How would you change the IP of the internal NIC? Thanks in advanced.
      I was born naked in to this world. At my current age I now stand taller and have a passion for computers. I know too much for my own good but, I'm not complaining.

Comment

Are you accessing the internet via a router, or have you set up one of your machines to act as a router?

Comment

I'm in the hopes of beginning able to set this to be a router. It'll relay information to a hub with three computers on it.

Comment

Working...
          X