No announcement yet.

isur and iwam accounts

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isur and iwam accounts

I'm just picking up the pieces after I had a DC die on me today. I eventually got just about everything back up and running. One thing I did was to promote a 2000 Member Server to a DC, but it has IIS on it that is necessary for a browser-based app that is only for my LAN clients. And of course I didn't pay much attention to the "All local accounts will be deleted" during DCPromo. DOH!

So how do I get the IUSR and IWAM accounts back so users can again access the browser-based app? I did see that I have a couple ISUR_servername users in AD, but none of them have the server name of the recently promoted DC. Can I rename them or should I just create new ones or what?

I've Googled already, but can't seem to find much.

Re: isur and iwam accounts

Do you have another member server you could install IIS on instead?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: isur and iwam accounts

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      Do you have another member server you could install IIS on instead?
      Not for this app.

What I wound up doing was modifying the Anonymous Access to use one of the existing IUSR_servername accounts and it seems to be working now.