Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uable to establish a session with the password export server

hi,
    I try to migrate my 2000 server domain to a new 2k3 server domain, I get problem with password migration.
    I did set up a password export server as the ADMT help documents,
    (my migrationssouce server and export password server is win2k with sp4, 128bit encryption pack & Pwdmig.exe installed,changed AllowpasswordExport entry in regedit, reboot the server)
    but I still get a error:"uable to establish a session with the password export server".can someone help me out?
    also another question is: can roaming pofile be migrated?
    thanks in advance!

Re: uable to establish a session with the password export se

Originally posted by jimmyjiang
    hi,
    I try to migrate my 2000 server domain to a new 2k3 server domain, I get problem with password migration.
    I did set up a password export server as the ADMT help documents,
    (my migrationssouce server and export password server is win2k with sp4, 128bit encryption pack & Pwdmig.exe installed,changed AllowpasswordExport entry in regedit, reboot the server)
    but I still get a error:"uable to establish a session with the password export server".can someone help me out?
    also another question is: can roaming pofile be migrated?
    thanks in advance!
    Did you set up a trust between the two domains first? If you are going at this without a trust, then you must start ADMT on the destination server with the runas command authenticating with the source credentials.

This is common with SBS migrations. Check Microsoft's document on how to migrate NT 4.0 domain to SBS 2003.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=16415

Comment

Working...
    X