Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit log in users to one station

Hi
    I have server 2000 and i want to limit the users that every time they doing log in to one station, no one can log in with the same user name to different station, for example [email protected] log in to station X, he cannt log in to station Y, with [email protected]
    Thank you

Perhaps you're looking for this:

We are happy to announce the availability of LimitLogin v1.0, an application that adds the ability to limit concurrent interactive user logons in an Active Directory domain. It can also keep track of all logins information in Active Directory domains (without necessarily enforcing logons quotas).

The challenge of limiting concurrent logons in a distributed environment is huge, and although LimitLogin is not a "bullet proof" solution to all the aspects of this challenge, many customers might still find this tool helpful, as this capability has been highly requested by different customers (banks, ISPs, libraries etc) in numerous RFPs etc.

LimitLogin capabilities include:
    - Limiting the number of logins per user from any machine in the domain, including Terminal Server sessions.
    - Displaying the logins information of any user in the domain according to a specific criterion (e.g. all the logged-on sessions to a specific client machine or Domain Controller, or all the machines a certain user is currently logged on to).
    - Easy management and configuration by integrating to the Active Directory MMC snap-ins.
    - Ability to delete and log off user session remotely straight from the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in.
    - Generating Login information reports in CSV (Excel) and XML formats.
    Please keep in mind that this tool is Not Supported (similar to a resource kit or support tool).

The public download location is http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...limitlogin.exe
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Won't work for him as it requires application partition in AD which is only available in W2K3 (and he has W2K).

You can still set the restrictions in the user's account properties (Account tab => Logon To)
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

But will that work either? Doesn;t that just limit them to particular workstations not multiple logins?

Have a look at a piece of software called userlock. Its pretty pricey for this small limitation but it does have a shed load more features than limiting users to one logon at a time.
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hey Chris, is this the program you are refering to? http://www.pnltools.com/productinfo....&refid=138
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thats the one. Looks quite good. We may purchase it for next academic year but money is tight.

Microsoft have released another version of limitlogin but i dont think it is called limitlogin anymore... i cant remember what it is called.... plus it only works with W2k3 (like the original) thats why ive not looked at it. If i remember ill post it.
            Server 2000 MCP
            Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X