No internet access from DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No internet access from DC

Oddest thing has been happening for a few months now... One of our DCs has not been able to access the internet. It has a single nic with static IP...It's our file server and I can remote into the box - I've verified that both DNS and DHCP services are installed so clients can attach to it and the clients do have internet access, of course the primary DNS server is the other DC... Matter of fact, it works just fine outside of the fact that I can't get internet... but DNS does get an error when I run a recursive query and the other DC has no such problem. They're AD-Integrated DNS so I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out and head bashing apparently doesn't work... Also, the only other difference I've noticed between servers - the non-connective one has WINS Proxy enabled when I perform an ipconfig /all... I've flushed, registered DNS, etc... Any thoughts?

Re: No internet access from DC

Have you checked the gateway, proxy settings etc

However it's not a best practise to internet from a server other then a TS.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Yep, I've verified that TCP/IP and Proxy settings are all correct. This server is actually our AV server and requires an internet connection to download the latest definitions. I've covered all the basics and outside of the differences I've listed previously, this server is identical to the other DC.

Comment

Check HOSTS. file for any changed entry.
        Any Proxy running?
        Any Firewalls anywhere?
        Does your antivirus have a firewall (may have been updated and changed a few months ago)?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X