windows 2003 shadow copy setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 2003 shadow copy setup

I work for a school and just started implementing 400 user accounts and would like to setup Shadow Copy on the shared folders. On our windows 2003 server I already enabled shadow copy. I would like to know how I can install the client software on the windows 2000/XP workstations. I don't think it can be done via gpo, unless it was pushed down as a package? or maybe as a logon script? if anyone has experience setting this up I'd appreciate some help.
    knowledge is power

Re: windows 2003 shadow copy setup

Hi,

For the XP machines I'd make sure they have at least SP2 installed. If you have SP2 on XP clients it is installed by default.
    For Windows 2000 clients you need to consider the following:
    At least SP3 and make also sure you install the Client on the server as well.
    You should be able to deploy the Shadow copy client through GPO. It's a small MSI package that you can assign through Software installation setting or alternativelly create a computer startup script by using MSIEXEC.

Cheers
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Works fine for us going throgh GP, assigned to computers which would be preferable to assigning it to users.
      Last edited by gforceindustries; 19th November 2008, 11:32.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The twcli32.msi installs fine through user cofiguration, software settings, assigned applications. GPO
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
        X