• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roming Profile In Window

Please clear me.

when i create roming profile

so it is compulory to copy the username and data to

sysvol \domian\script \????

and then i can access on every workstation.

Thanks

Re: Roming Profile In Window

Why would you copy it to that location???

Create a new folder structure away from your SYSVOL folder and do it that way.

Configuring Roaming Profiles: GPO

What is the SYSVOL folder??

Comment

SYSVOL and NETLOGON should only be used to store logon/logoff scripts and similar files. You should always create new shares whenever you want to store user profiles or other data on your servers.

Standard users should not have write access to any part of SYSVOL or NETLOGON and you should certainly never change the permissions on those folders or their shares.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks Very Much.

After share folder at server and given the path in AD user and computer profile TAB.eg.\\server\profile\%username%

why we do this step i read but i have some confusion please cleare me.
        1. After you create a new user account template, in Control Panel, click System.
        2. On the Advanced tab, under User Profiles, click Settings.
        3. Under Profiles stored on this computer, select the user that you created in step 1, and then click Copy To.
        4. To create the default user profile for the domain, type the path to NETLOGON\Default User on the domain controller.
        5. In the Copy To dialog box, under Permitted to use, click Change.
        6. In the Select User or Group dialog box, enter the object name to select, and then type: Everyone.

Comment

I'd strongly recommend against granting permissions to Everyone - use Authenticated Users instead. And for a user's profile, you don't really want anyone to be able to access that.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
            I'd strongly recommend against granting permissions to Everyone - use Authenticated Users instead. And for a user's profile, you don't really want anyone to be able to access that.
            why we do this step i read but i have some confusion please cleare me.
            1. After you create a new user account template, in Control Panel, click System.
            2. On the Advanced tab, under User Profiles, click Settings.
            3. Under Profiles stored on this computer, select the user that you created in step 1, and then click Copy To.
            4. To create the default user profile for the domain, type the path to NETLOGON\Default User on the domain controller.
            5. In the Copy To dialog box, under Permitted to use, click Change.
            6. In the Select User or Group dialog box, enter the object name to select, and then type: Everyone.

Comment

Please do not double post. What SPECIFIC part of those steps are confusing to you?
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X