Restoring DC with NT backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring DC with NT backup

Taking the NTbackup System state of DC ,is there any issue will occur while restoring the server ? how much % will help us inrestoring.. if i dont have any ADC

Re: Restoring DC with NT backup

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question.

With NTbackup you can restore Active Directory. You must boot to the Directory Service Restore Mode to do so.

Have a read http://www.petri.com/restore-windows...-directory.htm

Let me know if you need clarification or if you have other questions.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi jermy,

I have one DC i dont have any backup for that machine... if i am using the NT back as you told we can restore the AD. restore mode... is it 100% safe of restoring the DC.

Comment

If your DC failed then you don't have much to lose. But if you are just wanting to choose a backup solution then the answer is, no, it's not %100 if you mean that it's guaranteed to work no matter what. Nothing is %100 in that sense.

But ntbackup is a watered down version of Backup Exec. If it successfully backs up the System State then you can safely restore AD. It works fine.
        Last edited by JeremyW; 15th November 2008, 02:32. Reason: missed the "not"..... kinda changes the meaning ;)
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by trgprasad View Post
          I have one DC i dont have any backup for that machine
          Sorry, I may have missed something here, but what do you intend to restore from if you have no backup?
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X