No announcement yet.

Wireless Access Point Integration with Server2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Access Point Integration with Server2003

Greetings; Just a quick note on how much i appreciate the information provided on your website. Excellent job and Thanks. Problem.....I'm a newb in school working towards MCP cert carrying on into 70-290 this Monday. Been working on integrating my in home lab of 3 machines into Active directory. Need some help on setting up my server to work effectively with all 3 machines. I have a DI-614 wireless router that issues DHCP addresses and DNS for 1 desktop 1 server and a laptop. Currently the router access point is connected to my server with one Nic card connected by one lenghth of RJ-45. I have on many occasions DCPROMO'd my server and had the wizard configure my machine with the settings. Before running DCPROMO i have made a static IP address on the server and let it run its course of configurement. How do i integrate a wireless environment with AD? If I use NAT on my server and turn the computer into a router everything works fine i do not wish to do this. I can use a cross-connect cable and turn off my other nics this works but would rather not do that; If I leave it the way it is AD does not work as their is conflicts with the DHCP on the router. If I turn off DHCP on the router I loose wireless. Help.... I can live without integration but need some help setting this thing up. Please any input would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Thanks for the support all.......and of course the feedback. Done deal.