No announcement yet.

Shared email account problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared email account problem

I have two users sharing one email account from two computers and different versions of MS Office Oultook.

One uses MS Office XP Outlook and the other uses MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook.

Just a day ago some emails arrived in the inbox of the PC with MS Office XP Outlook and did not show in the PC with MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook, wonder why, it has been okay since the day it was setup.

Can anyone help me here?

many thanks in advance.

Re: Shared email account problem

I think we need some more details.
    I presume this is a POP3 account held by an ISP? If so, has the ISP changed anything?

IIRC there is an option when downloading emails to "leave a copy on the server" -- this will need to be selected on both PCs or the first one will delete the message after its downloaded
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Shared email account problem

Things to check would be.
      rules in outlook.
      if the someone deleted/moved it
      blocked senders.
      junk mail

Worth checking webmail to see if the mail is there.
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.