No announcement yet.

Firewall for Windows 2k Server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall for Windows 2k Server

I was hoping to get some feedback on a good software firewall for a windows 2k server with multiple PC's connected to it's domain. I have a cheesy Linksys router (plan to upgrade soon) that is taking care of the hardware side of it, but I would also like a software firewall as well. For my antivirus, I have Symantec CE which allows me to centrally administer as well as install the software to all of the clients in the domain. I would like to have something similar for the firewall as well. I've found a few on the web, but they seem to be in the range of over $50,000.00 USD. which is a little outa my league.
    Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you in advance!

Brad Bentley

Thanks bbentely.
      Although I don't think that will cover all of the security issues that I'd like to take care of. However, if I was running 2k3, that just might do the trick.
      In the meantime I've installed Black Ice Server protection which seems like fairly decent software. In fact, it just prevented a DoS attack on my system.
      Now the dreaded decision of what router to purchase...

Thank you again for your input!

• #4 - ZoneAlarm - Sygate Personal Firewall - Norton Personal Firewall

You can also test the effectiveness of the firewall by visiting and click on "Shields Up".
        Departed: 23rd December 2015

don't know what you're budget is, but checkpoint is in my opinion the world leading.

also, zonelabs are sold to checkpoint...
          Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

IMO End user products from symantec are getting just as bad as Network Asociates. But I adore thier Enterprise Solutions.
            Brad Bentley