Group Policy Not applied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Not applied

I've a Win2k3 Domain default domain policy is applied for all password,lockouts etc.I've now changed the password length to 8 Characters from 6 but users are still able to use 6 characters passwords...I've checked everything apart from this one more strange thing is happening i;ve multiple OU in my AD as per diff depts and policies are configured as per their need.There are some site exception for IE configured.but now off and on sites which are bypasseed askin for proxy user name and passwd means policy is not applying on some persons in a OU..Only thing which i found out block policy inheritance is enabled on default domain controllers policy...

Can someone pl guide me on this ....

Rajnish

Re: Group Policy Not applied

What happens when you run group policy results?
    Have you actually tried changing passwords -- the policy will only kick in to enforce the next password change
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I don't think you could create a Password policy per OU , think the configuration is one per domain.

Comment

I don't think he did -- he mentions the default domain policy
        The OU policies are something different
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

C:\WINDOWS\Debug\UserMode\userenv.log, would give you all the answers you need

Comment

I had this issue once, so i created a new gpo called password policy set the settings there, and left the default domain policys settings for that section as not configured, tested and it worked straight away.
            Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
            I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
            MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by masres View Post
              Only thing which i found out block policy inheritance is enabled on default domain controllers policy...
              If the users are domain users the policy must be apllied to the DC's (holding a copy of the database and authenticate users).
              If the users were local computer accounts the policy must be applied to the clients,

\Rems
              Last edited by Rems; 3rd November 2008, 10:47.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
              and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
              X