Clear All

• DFs Usage Reports

Hi
    I have just set up my first DFS,
    Two servers in Sydney, different Sites.
    One server in Melbourne
    One Server in Brisbane

The Sydney ServerWP is the Hub.
    Remote Sales people are accessing the servers from around the country.
    Some of the links are not too flash IE, 512/512 ADSL.
    I would like to fine tune the replication so as not to be blocking access by letting DFS chew bandwidth and yet give the quickest replication.
    Does anyone know of a tool that I can run that will give me files waiting to be replicated onthe hub server and all the spoke servers and drop to a txt file or what ever.

Tom
    Tom Cross
    Sydney Australia

Re: DFs Usage Reports

Is this replication using FRS or DFSR?

If it's FRS, you'll need Sonar (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

If it's DFSR:

dfsrdiag backlog /rgname:<REPLICATION GROUP NAME> /rfname:<REPLICATION FOLDER NAME> /smem:<SENDING SERVER> /rmem:<RECEIVING SERVER>

Comment

Re: DFs Usage Reports

Thanks Garen
      That put me on the right track.

Ended up with a batch like so:

rem Files to have in Same Directory
      rem setdate.com
      rem setdate.doc
      rem
      setdate.com >setdate.bat
      call setdate.bat
      set time=%Hr%%Min%
      set date=%cent%%today%%Hr%
      echo ================================================== ================================================ >>testdfs.txt
      echo %time% >>%Date%-dfs.txt
      echo __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________ >>%Date%-dfs.txt
      echo. |DFSRDIAG Backlog /ReceivingMember:Server-Mel /SendingMember:Hub-Server /RGNameomain\all\drive-k /RFName:drive-k|find /i "member <" >>%Date%-dfs.txt
      echo __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________ >>%Date%-dfs.txt
      echo. |DFSRDIAG Backlog /ReceivingMember:Hub-Server /SendingMember:Server-Mel /RGNameomain\all\drive-k /RFName:drive-k|find /i "member <" >>%Date%-dfs.txt
      echo. |DFSRDIAG Backlog /ReceivingMember:Server-Bne /SendingMember:Hub-Server /RGNameomain\all\drive-k /RFName:drive-k|find /i "member <" >>%Date%-dfs.txt
      echo. |DFSRDIAG Backlog /ReceivingMember:Hub-Server /SendingMember:Server-Bne /RGNameomain\all\drive-k /RFName:drive-k|find /i "member <" >>%Date%-dfs.txt
      echo. |DFSRDIAG Backlog /ReceivingMember:Server-Syd /SendingMember:Hub-Server /RGNameomain\all\drive-k /RFName:drive-k|find /i "member <" >>%Date%-dfs.txt
      echo. |DFSRDIAG Backlog /ReceivingMember:Hub-Server /SendingMember:Server-Syd /RGNameomain\all\drive-k /RFName:drive-k|find /i "member <" >>%Date%-dfs.txt

rem pause
      Tom Cross
      Sydney Australia

Comment

Working...
      X