Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Services

I the services window, I sometimes have 1 or 2 services say that they're starting instead of started. They never make it to started even if I go to their properties page and recovery tab and tell the first failure to restart the service......I should'nt have restart the server everytime this occurs...do I.....

Can I go into the cmd prompt and tell it to start a service there...

(In the meantime, I'll be researching this....thanks guys!)

net start "servicename" will start a service from the CLI, but I don't think this will help you ?

What services is it you are trying to start ? Are there any error messages that come up ?

Topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Originally posted by topper
      net start "servicename" will start a service from the CLI, but I don't think this will help you ?...Topper
      That is most likely what she was looking for.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Services

I tried net start <service> and it didn't work for that service....if I remember correctly it said it didn't recognize the service...it was a Compaq server service and I think it took a reboot....

Thanks!

Comment

u probably used the wrong service name. the names of the services for the command line interface differ from the ones u see in the services.msc.
          the printer spooler, for example, is only called spooler. the command is:

net start spooler

there is a command to list all the service so u can see their name. can't remember it now, though.
          maybe someone else here knows.
          Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

If you just type net start then it lists all services but with there Display name (i.e. what you see in services.msc), these can be used with netstart but any with spaces must be enclosed in " " like I said in my previous post.

To find there short name go into services.msc then open the service properties and at the top it will says service name (i.e. spooler for Print Spooler) like Chris says.

Topper
            * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

services

Ok, I see it....

thanks you guys.....

Julie

Comment

Working...
              X