Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch File script

Folks,

Does anybody know how to create service using a batch file?

The requirement is, I have a batch file script which monitor my other windows server services. I have only two options, either create an exe file using any utility, from the batch file and create service using SC command or else create a service using a SC command and set batch file as the executable.

Any idea guys?

Thank You

I'm not sure whether this post is off topic! If so, please move.
    Last edited by mohanmathew; 24th October 2008, 16:50. Reason: doubt
    Mohan Mathew[VU3MMU]
    MCITP [AD]

Re: Batch File script

I have a batch file script which monitor my other windows server services.

I have only two options,
    - either create an exe file using any utility from the batch file and create service using SC command
    - or else create a service using a SC command and set batch file as the executable.

Any idea guys?
    I am not sure I understood your question well but, why not scheduling the batch that you have - to run it every 60 minutes?

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Re: Batch File script

let me explain it once again. sorry for my bad explanation.

We have a got a server monitoring tool. It have a batch script which needs to be started as a service. Then only the application will prompt for response from other server at regular intervals ... the services are http, sql, ftp and all. Please don't misunderstand again, I can't change the application ... I'm just in charge of our Servers and facilities.

The problem is that, I can start the batch script file by running it from command prompt, but it will quit when I logoff from the RDP!!! ... because it is not running as service. So I need to make a service utilizing the batch file.
      Mohan Mathew[VU3MMU]
      MCITP [AD]

Comment

Working...
      X