Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to secure my network from intrusion attack [Was: solving this problems please]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to secure my network from intrusion attack [Was: solving this problems please]

i want to secure my network from intrusion attack whatever virus , cutting net any thing
    what is rules can i used it to prvent and protect my network from intrusion attack
    otherwise
    ipsec
    isa
    pix firwall

please reply me
    Last edited by biggles77; 24th October 2008, 12:57. Reason: Remove unwarranted formatting

Re: solving this problems please

You've given no details of what operating system your computers run, presumably you have at least one server running Windows 2000 or 2003 given the forum you posted in. You've given no details of what firewall/antivirus you're currently using. And the style of your posting is quite likely to put people off reading it.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The best way to absolutely make sure that it is 100% guaranteed not to be hacked stolen or otherwise adversely affected is to turn it off. Yep, pull the plug.

(somebody else once said that around here, still brilliant)

Seriously, you need to read the rules...the whole thing.
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

i have domain controller
        ok

and i have network in domain
        and workgroup
        using macafee

but i want to secure my network from intrusion attack
        and cutting net
        and protect my from virus
        intrior network
        ok
        without using
        IPSec
        ISA

what is alternative
        can i use it to protect me

Last edited by biggles77; 24th October 2008, 12:57.

Comment

As other people stated, you need to give us some information - Which router/firewall, ie.

And please, write with a normal text size.

Best regards,
          Carsten.

Comment

Then use Snort. I have not actually used it, but have seen it in action.
            All then best.

FYI
            What is Snort?
            SNORT® is an open source network intrusion prevention and detection system utilizing a rule-driven language, which combines the benefits of signature, protocol and anomaly based inspection methods. With millions of downloads to date, Snort is the most widely deployed intrusion detection and prevention technology worldwide and has become the de facto standard for the industry.
            "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by cs.dk View Post
              As other people stated, you need to give us some information - Which router/firewall, ie.

And please, write with a normal text size.

Nice.

BTW he will never post that info, and you will not design his network once he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
                Nice.

BTW he will never post that info, and you will not design his network once he does.

Why ask a question, without some proper information? This thread could be locked, IMO - No, i will not design his network. Many others in here, are a lot smarter than me, when it comes to network
                Best regards,
                Carsten.

Comment

You have to clarify a lot more than what you are telling us right now.
                  Nothing make sense:
                  You have a domain but also a workgroup?
                  Second you first want IPSEC and/or ISA/PIX and in your second post you don't want it.

Anyway, A good AV management solution with McAfee is by using their own Epolicy Orchestrator product.
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands
                  http://www.phetios.com
                  http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                  "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                  "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Please do not post in bold.
                    Please do not post centered text.
                    Please tell us as MUCH about your network as you can.

What server OS do you have?
                    What network equipment do you have?
                    Why are you asking these questions?
                    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Edited the first post and removed the formattting. I am not prepared to waste my free time removing rediculous formatting like that again. For that reason I just reduced the font size in the second post.

nadi90, I suggest you read the Forum Rules about posting http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=31 AND read the questions from those who are trying to help you using their FREE time and respond with the appropriate information. Remember this is a free site and all our members contribute their time, expertise and vast experience free of charge to assist others who have problems. You can help this process by providing the information necessary so YOUR problem can be addressed.

Finally, please use the default settings when posting to make it easier to decipher what you have typed. If you are having problems using the Forums, please ask for guidance on how to use the software. Thank you.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                      X