Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not receiving disk quota limit warnings

Hi to all,

I am new to this forum. I am working on windows server 2003 and have make disk quota limit of 5GB for each student in university.

The prolem is that two of the students have exceed thier quota limits but they are not receiving the warining messags and they have place thier data more than 5GB, while the quota limit is 5GB. I have check the option that recive the warning messag when exceed the quota limit.

Thanking in advance.

Re: Not receiving disk quota limit warnings

Did you set them up quotas via group policies, or by setting quotas on the disk from the disk properties?
    if by the disk then In the quota entries table for the disk u set the quotas on, do the users appear in there?
    Last edited by uk_network; 21st October 2008, 11:14.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

IIRC the "warning message" is an event log entry on the server -- there is no actual notification to the user.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have set them on the disk from the disk properties and yes in the quota entries i can see the users

I have applied it on all the users but two of them have exceed thier limits, neither they are receiving the warning messages nor the system letting them to stop from saving the more data due to exceeding the quota limit.

Comment

{quote}
          IIRC the "warning message" is an event log entry on the server -- there is no actual notification to the user.
          {/quote}

I remember it also gives warning messages to the users too about the low quota limit, bt its not here same as it should be.
          Last edited by seemab8t6; 22nd October 2008, 10:58.

Comment

Working...
          X