Mailbox move between child and main domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailbox move between child and main domain

We currently have a Windows 2000 domain our main company, with one child domain which is a funerals company

We are needing to move the main domain to a Windows 2003 for a new system that funerals will be running, and move the funerals domain into the main domain.

We are happy with the upgrade to 2003 domain, what we are not sure on is the mailboxes.

Currently we have Exchange 2000 with the main store, both the main and funerals mailboxes are stored in the same message store.

What is the best/safest way to move the mailboxes from the child domain into the main domain?

Thanks

Dave

Re: Mailbox move between child and main domain

For future reference, questions related to Exchange are best asked in the Exchange forum. One of the mods will most likely move this shortly.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      For future reference, questions related to Exchange are best asked in the Exchange forum. One of the mods will most likely move this shortly.
      Ah yes, you are right, my apolgises, monday morning and all that.

I would be greatful if a mod could move this to the Exchange forum

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Lincs View Post
        monday morning and all that
        I know the feeling. Didn't get my curry this weekend
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
        X