Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIS smtp restrict recipients to a single domain

Hi,

I work in an AD 2003 environment, lets call it acme.com.
    We use an application that will send lots of emails to internal recipients but we want to insure that the system will be able to send only to recipients in @acme.com
    I have set up a IIS SMTP server and try to configure it so it will only send email if the recipient is local (ie address @acme.com) but i cant make it works.
    I have tried to create a domain named acme.com and enabled LDAP routing but i still can send to gmail or whatever else.

Any ideas?

Re: IIS smtp restrict recipients to a single domain

Are you using Exchange or the SMTP tool in Server 2003? Create a domain called acme.local (or acme.com.local) and configure email to go to that name and not the acme.com.

If you are using Exchange let us know so the thread can be moved to that Forum.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I use the smtp tool in Win server 2003 not exchange. I only need SMTP for that application, i created a domain acme.com, if i send emails to acme.com, mails are reaching the recipient and if i send emails to external domains i get a NDR report. Actually i need something a bit different. I need all emails sent to external domains moved directly to the Badmail folder with no NDR. Is there's a way to do so?

Comment

I have never setup email using the SMTP & IIS tools in Server 2003 so I am of no help. I did however find this that may be of assistance. http://www.cmsconnect.com/praetor/we...MTP_Server.htm

We have some very clever members that I am sure will be able to point you in the appropriate direction for what you want. There are also free thrid party apps that would be suitable for what you want.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X