Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to print

Greetings to all , i am having a problem with one of the end-user over here
    who is always having problem printing ,everytime we would need to restart the print server and he can print again .I try pinging to the print server and was able to do so but he still cant print and i tried to relogin to the pc and still the same .Can someone guide me what to do ,thanks

Re: Unable to print

Knowing a little bit more would help. I know there are problems with printing from Windows 3.x clients via NT4 Servers, but maybe this is not the configuration you have?

Please tell us:
    The server OS?
    The client OS?
    Workgroup or Domain?
    How the client connects to the printer?
    The make and model of the printer?

Any error messages /event log entries that appear?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Is this "print server" an ethernet print server device, or a server that you are sharing printers from?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Window server 2003
        Window vista
        domain
        network

Thanks

Comment

checking the event viewer on the print server for errors would be a good starting point

Comment

Working...
          X