Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to synchronize two servers

Hi,

I have two different servers under windows 2003 server with two domain different. I want to synchronize the tow servers in terme of time.

What shall I do?

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to synchronize two servers

What do you mean with 'I want to synchronize the tow servers in terme of time.' ??

Comment

I think he means Time Sync.

Are those two servers are Domain Controllers?
      are both servers are in the same forest?

Comment

Both server has the same clock (hours, mnutes, secondes)

Tk in advance

Comment

not in both forest.

In fact, I had create a Trust forest relashionship between the tow domain.

When I want to log on in the first domain "example1" with an account created in the second domain "example2", the first domain got me a error message stands for the two different haven't the same time. That's the orginal of problem.

What shall I you then?

Tk in advance.

Comment

You still did not answer my 2nd question.
            are those 2 servers Domain Controllers?

anyway it doesn't make much difference.
            Configure the DC that holds the PDC Emulator from both domains/Forests to point and sync from the same External Clock on the Internet or whatever external Time source you got.

here is what you need to change in the registry:
            Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\W32Time\Parameters]
            "NtpServer"="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,0x8"
            "Type"="NTP"
            Note: the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,0x8 is the IP of the external Clock server you want to sync from, it could also be a name it doesn't have to be an IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.100,0x8 or time.microsoft.com,0x8 )

If you have more then one External Time source you could add them as well, so if one is offline or can't
            be contacted it would sync with the next one, the way doing it is the same just add the following instead.
            "NtpServer"="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,0x8 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,0x8 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,0x8"
            "Type"="NTP"
            Note: the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,0x8 is the IP of the external Clock server you want to sync from, it could also be a name it doesn't have to be an IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.100,0x8 or time.microsoft.com,0x8 )

and make sure that all your DCs and servers and Workstations have the following configuration (They should by default) :
            "Type"="NT5DS"
            Last edited by Akila; 15th October 2008, 14:03.

Comment

Tk you very much.

I have tried from the machine "machine1" the command : "net time \\machine2".

The two machines has the same clock.

Tk very much again

Comment

NET TIME is a legacy command that should not be used and is not reliable in windows 2000/2003.
                you should only use the "w32tm" command.

at your case if you want to check the Time server and Sync you should run the following command:
                w32tm /resync /rediscover

after you ran that command go to the System event log (eventView) and see the outcome.
                Last edited by Akila; 15th October 2008, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
                X