Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a Key Combination...

Hi Guys this is Senario...

On windows 2000 in the accebility option off of the Control Panel all the Boxes have been checked by a friend of mine... and as a result the whole windows Screen is like a big black sh$$ ...i rebooted the machine and when i get to the Logon Screen (CTRL + ALT+ DEL) the KB doesn't function however the Mouse is still active.... (Samething in the safe Mode) i do need to login and set the Setting in the accebility option as normal but my KB doesn't work i tried Bios but nothing is there ...but My friend said there is a key Combo of six that allows me to login ...any idea
    thanx

First thing I have in mind:

What type of keyboard connector do you have USB or PS/2?

Try using a diffirent connector type, that's may force Windows to do hardware detection and having this one work!

Comment

If the keyboard is working in BIOS then at least you know the hardware isn't bad. Try what anormand has suggested, or if you do not have another keyboard of a diffrerent type try booting the system without a keyboard first. Then shutdown the system plug the keyboard back in and turn the system on again. If it came down to it maybe your friend deleted the key mappings in the registry while he was at it.

One more thing. When you get into safemode enable on-screen keyboard in accessibility...
      Brad Bentley

Comment

Originally posted by bbentley
        If the keyboard is working in BIOS then at least you know the hardware isn't bad. Try what anormand has suggested, or if you do not have another keyboard of a diffrerent type try booting the system without a keyboard first. Then shutdown the system plug the keyboard back in and turn the system on again. If it came down to it maybe your friend deleted the key mappings in the registry while he was at it.

One more thing. When you get into safemode enable on-screen keyboard in accessibility...
        samething in the safe mode i didn't try a different type of KB(this is PS/2) ...however as i said there is a key combination which you use instead of CTRL+ALT+DEL to let you put in user name and password and i am looking for that Combination...this is a modification in the KB in accessebility ..No registry mapping been modified

Comment

1. try to press the shift key (left or right) for 5 times (as stated in the sticky keys menu), hopefully it works.

Comment

Working...
          X