Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line to create user that create folder for Homedir

Hi,

I have conscientiously read the explications to create users by using command line DSADD and this is what i have done :

dsadd user "cn=testuser,dc=domain,dc=com" -upn [email protected] --display testuser -hmdir "\\serveur\partage\testuser" -hmdrv z: -profile "\\serveur\partage\testuser" -memberof "cn=domainuser,cn=users,dc=domaine,dc=com" -pwd [email protected] -disabled no

The problem is that DSADD does not create automatically a folder in \\serveur\partage\. I have search and find this : http://www.servernewsgroups.net/grou...opic18338.aspx

The guy explain that DSADD is LDAP and cannot create this folder. I have try why LDFIDE but i have the same result.

Any idea ?

Re: Command line to create user that create folder for Homedir

The profile folder is not created until the user logs in. Is this causing a problem?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      The profile folder is not created until the user logs in. Is this causing a problem?
      Home Directory not Profile.

I wouldn't mind finding this out too. However the home directory specified above should create the folder when the user first logs in as its set in AD. A home directory mapped via a login script won't create the folder if it doesn't exist.
      Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by ]SK[ View Post
        Home Directory not Profile.
        He's using the same path as the Home Directory and as the Profile, Unix style.

Originally posted by ]SK[ View Post
        A home directory mapped via a login script won't create the folder if it doesn't exist.
        If you mean mapped to a drive letter, then no it won't. But then I don't expect there are many situations where you'd map the entire profile to a drive letter these days.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Ah yes, well spotted!
          Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Working...
          X