Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Connection problem

Hi,

I've one machine which is installed with Windows 2000 server and having inbuilt LAN interface on-board. I've also inserted one external iball LAN card on it and installed successfully. Now I've given the IP address to LAN1 connection (On-board LAN) 192.168.0.5 with an subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.0.254. Now second LAN2 connection having an IP address 192.168.0.6 with an same subnet but without gateway. Now my problem is when the both connection were enabled in LAN I'm not able to ping or connect to win2k server from anyone of it. Also when I disable the LAN2 connection, LAN1 connection works fine with able to ping it in local network. After enabling the LAN2 connection I'm not able to ping LAN2 connection from internal network instead of LAN1 able to ping from my network. What is wrong with my configuration in windows 2000 server. There is no firewall and anti-virus running on it. Please guide me how I can able to do this..?

Thanks.

Ashwin

Re: Network Connection problem

Are you pinging by name or IP?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

By an IP address. 192.168.0.5 able to ping if the LAN2 connection down. But not able not able to ping LAN2 once it's up..

Comment

Errr both are in the same subnet?
        And both are enabled?

WHY?
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I want to access both Network cards in my local network as I'm testing a VPN connection on LAN2 interface. First of all in my test I was able to test the VPN connection successfully in the first attempt in local network but now it's not. I've linux gateway which can forward the port 1723 query on 192.168.0.6 (LAN2) and that's why I want both network connections in same subnet. Please guide me..

Thanks.

Comment

Why not add the second IP to the first NIC?

Try another NIC. You may have some sort of conflict between them. What are the 2 NICs that are being used (make/model)?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi,

My Second NIC is iball with an product code iB-LPA432E.

BTW I've configured All incomming connections accepted on LAN1 interface for VPN and it's done the job. But I'm intrested to configure two NIC in single network so network traffic should be balanced and monitored too. I've no problem with this NIC on another machine as I've already checked it with FC7 and it works fine.

Thanks.
              Ashwin.

Comment

Working...
              X